Shavings from Chelsea's Cerebrum

A nice dumpster for my inane thoughts.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Turd Cookies

The family I live with/work for recently purchased the glorious and dangerously addictive video game console known as the Wii. It is a virtual adventure and I've had the pleasure of dabbling in fun games such as Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, and Cooking Mama. Cooking Mama is particularly enjoyable as it was made in Japan and the "Cooking Mama" character cheers you on as you follow the recipes for international cuisines such as paella, sushi, mochi, curry, custard, beef in wine sauce, cream puffs, etc. She utilizes strong, succint phrases to encourage the virtual cooker such as, "Wonderful! Better than mama!" Although, the character has a thick Japanese accent and it sounds more like, "WUN-DAH-FOO! BETTAH ZEN MAMA!" PC or not, it's undeniably hilarious.

After a copious amount of time creating pixelated dishes and desserts, I was inspired to do some actual, tangible baking. My sweet little Mina agreed that chocolate chip cookies would be splendid. Cooking is a productive and positive activity for the wee children to engage in because it involves tactile stimulation and light math (that's my cover story, I mainly chose the activity because I had a serious hankering for something sweet). My faithful little baking assistant did a marvelous job of dumping the ingredients in the bowl, stirring said ingredients, and helping me roll the dough into little balls. After a few overwhelming messes were made, we had double chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.

Mina accurately described the appearance of the dough by stating that it, "looked like poop." Once baked and sampled, we were relieved to discover that the rich, decadent cookies were the furthest thing from feces. That's always a relief.


I think that's a culinary accomplishment that would earn a Gold medal from Cooking Mama. Also, how could one not give a gold medal to that face?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home