Shavings from Chelsea's Cerebrum

A nice dumpster for my inane thoughts.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Last Night's Dream

I'm headed to a massive family reunion, which, is being held at the expansive manor of Kevin Spacey and Annette Bening. Mr. Spacey was rather affable and jovial while his wife, Mrs.Benning, was a wicked shrew from hell. Every attempt to connect with my relatives was obliterated by this haggard harlot. Imagine her character from "American Beauty" cubed. She was a depressive banshee that sought out to make sure everyone felt her agony. Her and I were at each other's throats for the duration of my dream. One particular scene we were tossing four-letter insults back and forth to one another as though we were playing Jerry Springer Racquetball. I was in this incredibly huge, opulent, locker-room style bathroom that had security cameras scattered all over the ceilings. I was with an enigmatic character that was supposedly my friend, but I did not recognize her at all. She kept telling me that I could take a shower, so I did. I did not, however, want to get the frilly, conservative, ingenue-esque dress I was wearing wet so I'd just scream over and over, "I'M JUST WASHING MY FACE!" Then at the sink of said bathroom, Annette Bening comes storming in demanding to know what went on, I tell her to just watch the security film footage. She then proceeds to scream at me more, crazy bitch that she is, and I'm ousted from the reunion. The reunion transforms into some sort of grand inaugural gala and I'm not permitted to join my family in their procession to the stage. I decide to wander around the audience in a dejected state of mind. I start seeing random faces from my past. I see a friend from high school with his life-partner (who also happens to be a friend from high school). We smile at each other as if to say "Kudos on your choices." I then find my friend Mike and start crying and venting to him about what a monstrous bitch Annette Bening was to me.

I then proceeded to wake up hating her. Anyone have any ideas on what that one meant?

When I told a friend about this, he immediately trumped the weirdness of my dream with his own. "Oh yeah? I dreamt that my ex-girlfriend had the power to turn inanimate objects into lumbering trolls. She was using them as sex objects, the only time I could talk to her about it was during the end credits of a sitcom. So I had to keep rewinding the tape."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home