Shavings from Chelsea's Cerebrum

A nice dumpster for my inane thoughts.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Let's Get to The Root of The Issue, Folks

"Dental plan!
Lisa needs braces!
Dental plan!
Lisa needs braces!"


Oh Lenny. Oh Marge Simpson, I so know what you mean.

Two days into the New Year and I'm off to a great start. For the last few moments of 2007, and the first few moments of 2008 I was able to ring in a New Year with someone (for once) that I adore and care for very much. However, later that night while lying in bed, I was tossing and turning due to throbbing fits of pain all taking place inside my mouth. I was even inspired to write a haiku about it the next morning:

Nerve always throbbing
Root canal too expensive
Pain is so lousy

You want to know what's more expensive than one root canal? Three! That's right, after deciding that two days of unrelenting, skull crushing pain was a bit too much for a dose of Advil to challenge, I ventured on over to the dentist. One quick X-ray and it became evident that I immediately needed three root canals and that there's a massive infection above the dead tooth. It's always comforting to know that you're hosting a colony of pus bandits that desperately need to be excommunicated from your gums. The procedures began today and will pick up again come Monday.

I'm not really upset about the fact that an abscess tooth could've killed me. At this point, death would be lovely. I'm distraught because thanks to the fact that I have absolutely no dental plan, I will be paying around $5,000.00 (out of pocket none the less) for my friggin' teeth. Bye, bye Christmas Bonus! We hardly knew ye.

I may just have to turn tricks to pay for this. I will literally be a toothless whore if that's the case.

7 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( That sucks. But you're still funny. And that doesn't suck.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pus...bandids?

-CEO, SPI

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Beezle said...

You say bandids, I say bandits. Let's call the whole thing off.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the cost is so high because the Tooth Fairy gets a commission? I also wonder if this is a viable plot for a hour-long drama-dey.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Beezle said...

Alright, anonymous, you can't just keep leaving incredibly witty comments on my blog and think you can get away with it. Declare thyself.

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The name is boredrobocop my dear, how can I be of service? I thank ye for your compliments.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Miss Tilly said...

Have you tried looking for a school for dentists, or dentist program near you? My mom used to get hellsa cheap dental work from one. The appts take longer because every step has to be checked off by an instructor, but for root cannals I would think you would have some kind of drug that will make you not care about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home