Shavings from Chelsea's Cerebrum

A nice dumpster for my inane thoughts.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Flashback to The Hard Knock 90's

I love revisiting movies you love but haven't seen in a solid decade. I did that tonight with this gem:

I was about ten or thirteen when I first saw it. My dad and I caught it on cable and I don't think we've ever laughed more hysterically at anything on television since. It's the rap-version of This is Spinal Tap and it's absolutely wonderful. Never mind the extreme 90's look and feel of the film, the humor within it is timeless.

My favorite quote? When accused of being misogynistic and using the slang term for vagina too frequently, Ice Cold, the lead singer, refutes the accusation by saying it's an anagram for a political statement:

"P", Political, "U", Unrest, "S", Stabilize, another "S", Society, "Y", Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home